![]() |
| My nutritious dinner on the bus from San Pedro to La Ceiba... |
Praise for...
-The safe journey to Balfate, Honduras.
-Making new friends on the trip here.
-Lisa, for being so loving and generous.
-The boys, welcoming me with smiles and hugs all around when I arrived.
-The amazing good night's sleep I got last night!!!!
-Balfate. I already feel right back at home here. :)
![]() |
| Getting ready to step off the plane in Honduras!! |
I could get used to this. Wait--what am I saying?
I love this.
It's tiring, stressful, a little crazy, heartbreaking, humid, and you can only plan so much--most of the time it's taking it day by day, or hour by hour, because plans are constantly changing.
And I forgot how much my soul feels at peace here. <3
I can't even explain it--I know I'm exactly where God wants me; I'm at the center of His will for me, and that's a surreal experience.
A little about where I'm at...
Where is Balfate? <--Here's a map of where it's at!
I'm on the northern coast of Honduras in Central America, about an hour's drive from an actual city with a grocery store, etc.
I can walk to the beach from the house. :)
It's hot. And humid.
Like 80 degrees and 80% humidity. It's also rainy season, so it rains a ton randomly during the week.
I'm living in Lisa's guest bedroom in her house.
There's no a/c, but i have a fan in my room!
I live with Lisa and her seven boys. Yes, seven.
I share one bathroom with the seven boys.
I have decent wifi! Yay!
I'm a 10 minute drive from Hospital Loma de Luz.
There are tons of incredible waterfalls & rivers just a short drive away.
Please pray for...
-Energy. Especially when it's hot & I'm not used to it yet.
-To be able to remember all the boys' names!! (Out of the seven boys, there are TWO pairs of twin brothers...I've already mixed them up countless times since I arrived...)
-Safety. There have been a few robberies lately, in broad day-light, to some of the houses nearby.
-Wisdom and patience. I start teaching the boys English, math, and leading a Bible study tomorrow or Friday.
-The boys' hearts to just be hungry to learn more about God and full of love.
-My family back home will be at peace while I'm gone and know that I'm exactly where God wants me to be. And that they won't worry too much. :)


I love reading your updates, Marie! And yeah, I know about that tiredness that comes from all the "new" and the heat! God bless you and Lisa in this work you are doing... Lisa is such an inspiration. Be blessed and enjoy!
ReplyDelete