Two Mondays from now I will be flying to Honduras! I am so excited for what is ahead.
Just from a quick glance at my calendar, I know these next two weeks are going to fly by quicker than I would like. Although they will be full of good things and fun times, now that the trip is so soon I guess I always get this feeling that there's just never enough time to spend with friends and family before leaving.
But I know God has big things planned for me. And He has big things planned for the people I love, too. And we need to be in separate places for a while to accomplish what God wants in our lives right now.
And I'm praying for not only my heart and the foster boys' hearts during this time, but also for yours.
Whoever you are, for whatever reason you're reading my blog right now. Maybe we've never even met?! Whether you love Jesus like I do, or not--know that I'm praying for you.
I'm praying for this season in your life. Whether it's a season of change, or a season of routine.
I pray that God will open your heart and fill it with the things you've been praying for and especially blessings you never knew were possible--things that surpass what you ever imagined. Because He is just that GOOD. And He loves to bless his children!
I pray that you will be filled with courage.
"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."
2nd Timothy 1:7.
Don't forget this powerful truth.
So, as I take this next step in the adventure I've said "yes" to, I encourage you to take the next step in yours. Whatever God has put in your heart that you've been avoiding, or have said "Nope, that's not possible. Not for me. Way to scary. It would never work out. I'm not good enough. I'm not ready."
Or had the fearful thought of "What if I think it's what God wants, but then I take a risk and it all falls apart?" Know that it is OKAY to be afraid. It's human nature, actually.
But know that..."You are not defined by the fear you feel, you are defined by what you do about it."
(Said by one of my favorite pastors, and you can check out his teachings here: Ben Courson's sermons )
If God is in it, you will not fail. If it's SO big and bold that you most certainly WILL fail if you try it on your own--then don't try it on your own!! Take the leap and remember who is right beside you. Remember who the all-powerful God is, and that "If God is for us, who can ever be against us?" (Romans 8:31)
No comments:
Post a Comment